Trent Valley Kart Club is delighted to announce its association with TAG Heuer Timing (via David Jones of Sports Timing Systems) which will mean that for 2013 and beyond our members will have a world class timing solution as used by the CIK, Super One and Formula Kart Stars.
The system will enable TVKC to provide a far more robust and reliable live timing service hosted on the internet enabling competitors, teams, mechanics, family and friends to keep updated on track action anywhere in the world.
Why TAG Heuer….
- “Real Time” live timing updated within a second of the track action.
- Penalty flags and important information displayed live on the internet in real time.
- Special mobile website enabling you to view full timing information or drill down to follow your own drivers details on you iPad or smartphone whilst watching the racing.
- The PFi 1382 metre circuit divided in to 3 sectors enabling drivers to see where they are gaining and losing time on their competitors.
- TAG Heuer comprehensive driver data booklets available for download after the race meeting so you can study all your sector and lap times for the entire event.
- Full integration within the UK Karting ERS+ results service with further enhancements planned during 2013.
- Speed controls for start line approach to help reduce first corner incidents.
- Possibility of a speed trap later in the year allowing drivers to benchmark themselves against their competition at the fastest part of the circuit.
- Other innovations planned for 2013 so watch this space!
The new timing system will be in place for our February 2013 meeting and although many of you will already have TAG transponders TVKC will try and make the transition as painless as possible.
Any drivers wanting to hire a TAG transponder can do so in January and February from the club totally free of charge, after this we will have a stock of transponders available for hire.
The partnership with TAG Heuer is part of an on going strategy at TVKC to provide our members with the best available timing solution along with the best karting facility in the UK.
We are delighted to once again be the club bringing innovation and professionalism to karting in the UK.